QuickBooks is one of the popular retail managing software in the market. And the Intuit QuickBooks Workforce has made it even easier for users to perform their job. It helps you to share the paycheck data along with the employee’s records. In this article, we will talk about all the important details about the QuickBooks Workforce.
The tool is very essential for the owners of small and big businesses. They can handle their all payroll related service on the Workforce online portal. Read this article till the end to learn methods to use and all the important features of the tool. Therefore any further ado, let’s directly jump into the article.
QuickBooks Workforce | What is it?
Intuit has launched a very essential tool for the QuickBooks user especially for those who use it for professional work. The QuickBooks Workforce allows the employees to print and access the W-2 forms. It also helps the users with QuickBooks paycheck stubs online. When the latest payroll is run, all the employees who are added to the QuickBooks Workforce get notified of their updated paycheck. They can access and check their salary anytime they want.
Using the QuickBooks Workforce the employees can be updated for 24X7 to get all the necessary tax-related information and verify the records in Intuit’s ViewMyPayCheck service. However, the company has emerged with the ViewMyPaycheck with the QuickBooks Workforce. Using the feature all the employees of a particular firm can access the W-2 form and check the history. But to use the tool and the feature they must sign to the QuickBooks Workforce, or be invited.
QuickBooks Workforce | How does it work?
QuickBooks Workforce is a user-friendly tool. Someone who has very little or no knowledge regarding QuickBooks can use the tool very efficiently. The tool helps the owners and the employees’ life easily. Using QuickBooks Workforce you can access the QuickBooks Paychecks and review them securely. Since it saves all the data online hence there’s no risk to lose the information. Due to the web-based solution, the user of any version of the QuickBooks software can access the software.
How to Use QuickBooks Workforce?
After learning what QuickBooks Workforce is and how it works? It is now time to learn how to use it? As we have learned earlier that the QuickBooks Workforce is an integrated tool with Intuit’s QuickBooks Desktop. Hence it allows the users to switch between the Workforce service through the QuickBooks Desktop software. However to use the tool and to invite other employees you must need to update the application. The invitation will then notify your assigned employee to access the QuickBooks Workflow.
There are two ways to access the QuickBooks View My Paycheck. They are:
QuickBooks Workforce Login-
Follow the steps below:
- If you are an existing member of the QuickBooks Workforce, then there is no hassle for you.
- Make sure that you have been invited to access the QuickBooks Paycheck.
- Go to Intuit’s Payroll and Accounting services and then fill the QuickBooks’s credentials for QuickBooks Workforce Login.
- After successful login, you are all set to use the QuickBooks Workforce.
QuickBooks Workforce SIgnup-
Follow the steps:
- If you are not an existing member of QuickBooks Workforce, then you need to first create an account.
- For that visit Intuit’s official website.
- Then navigate the displayed steps to create a new account.
Apart from the QuickBooks workforce, another useful tool is QuickBooks Online Payroll. The tool also allows the user to send invitations to their employees to work on the QB Workforce.
How Much Do You Need to Pay to Get Quickbooks Workforce?
Well, wait for it. It is free!
If you already have bought the subscription to the QuickBooks Desktop, then you can use the QuickBooks Workforce without paying any additional price. The Workforce is a free pre-loaded feature that is an integrated part of the QuickBooks Payroll Online and the QuickBooks Desktop. Therefore if you are an active QuickBooks user then you do not have to pay signup fees and installation while activating it.
How to Set Up QuickBooks Workforce?
Any users can set up the QuickBooks Workforce by following some simple steps. The Workforce allows the employees to access the QuickBooks paychecks and W-2s very easily.
Method 1: Set QuickBooks Workforce as an Administrator
It is the first method of the setup process. Follow the steps very carefully:
- First of all, make sure that you have the latest version of QuickBooks on the updated payroll features. If not, then you won’t be able to invite the employees using QuickBooks Workforce.
- Then from the Employees tab try to access the Manage Payroll Cloud.
- Check the prompting to activate the on/ off toggle of QuickBooks Workforce.
- Hit on the ON button to save the changes you made.
- And then come back to the main display of QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 2: Update the History of Payroll Data
To review the payment information, employees can use Payroll Data. If you already have set up the QuickBooks Workforce then you can skip the step.
- First, you need to send a blank Payroll directly.
- Ensure that the date range of the Payroll check history is appropriate.
- After that, start the Uploading procedure and send the latest calendar along with the PIN.
Method 3: Invite Employees to QuickBooks Workforce
After successfully updating the QuickBooks Workforce using the QuickBooks Desktop, now it is time to invite your employees.
- Before inviting the employees, ensure to remind your employees to turn on the new QuickBooks Paychecks stub.
- And then add the important information including the personal and financial data like bank accounts, W-45, etc.
Method 4: Set up Workforce Using QuickBooks Payroll Online
Users can select to add the respective employees using the Payroll tab. Using the QuickBooks Online version you can also invite the employees who can access the QuickBooks Workforce. However, the Elite and Premium plan users can also access the TSheets to track the time.
And with that, we have come to the end of the article. Hopefully, it helped to understand the QuickBooks WOrkforce tool in a better way. If you liked the article then share it with your teammates. If you still have some confusion then contact the support team of Intuit QuickBooks. The team is available for 24X7 to help their users in urgency. You can access the helpline number from the official website of QuickBooks.